12/02/2012

Farmer's Pie

Since past couple of days I wanted to bake a Pie. I made up my mind to go with Apple Pie but suddenly realize that my husband would love it if I make something savoury. He doesn’t have craze for sweets like me!!While surfing the TV channels I came across this easy Farmer’s Pie recipe. And immediately I hit my kitchen. When I searched about this recipe in Google, this is what I found. Sometimes called shepherd’s pie, it is a dish made with meat or poultry stew covered with mashed potatoes then baked until the top of the layer of mashed potatoes is lightly browned. It is always interesting to mix different meats and try them with different sauces. Farmer’s pie is also a nice alternative for serving mashed potatoes instead of as the usual side dish for fried or grilled meat or chicken.
           
Adapted from Vicky Ratnani's show "Vicky Goes Veg"
Ingredients:
Chicken Mince-200gms
Chopped Beans-1/4 Cup
Chopped Carrot-1/4 Cup
Canned Corns-1/4 Cup
Chopped Mushrooms-1/4 cup
Chopped Capsicums-1/4 Cup
Chopped Onion-1 Medium size
Ginger-Garlic Paste-1/2 tsp
Pepper powder-1/2 tsp+a pinch
Soya Sauce-1/2 Tsp
Oyster sauce-1/2 Tsp (Optional)
Olive Oil-1 Tbsp
Boiled Potatoes-3 medium size
Mozzarella Cheese-1/4 Cup
Salt as per taste
           

Method:
 1.Add oil to a heated kadhai. Add the chopped onions and ginger garlic paste and fry till its translucent.Then add the chicken mince to it.

           
2.When the mince is cooked properly and the remaining chopped veggies and fry till its done.

         
3.Now at this stage add the sauces,pepper powder and salt.And stir fry for a minute or two.

         
4.Remove from a kadhai and arrange it on a baking dish.
         
5.Now take mashed potatoes in a bowl and add salt,a pinch of pepper and grated mozzarella cheese to it.Mix well and fill it in a piping bag or plastic icing tube.
         
6.Let your imagination flows and make any design you like on top of the above mixture :-)
       
7.Bake it in a preheated oven at 180C for around 15mins or until the upper crust turns brown.
       
 Have a delicious piece of it or simply attack on the baking dish.