10/05/2012

Mango loaf cake

"While coming back home in the evening,i picked some mangoes..the first of this season..I was simply craving for mangoes today.Had a whole one first,then had it with vanilla ice cream and cream and now finally at 11.30 in the nite,im baking a mango loaf cake..HUH!! I guess this is called mango mania".This was my status message in one of the networking site last Thursday night.The cake looked great and taste awesome.A perfect try this season.My mom gave me an
idea to bake another one soon with ripe jack fruit pulp.

Recipe adapted from Divya Kudua
Yields a 8X4X2
Ingredients:
Fresh Mango Puree-1/2 Cup
Sour Cream/Thick Yogurt-1/2 Cup
All purpose flour-1 1/2 Cup
Sugar-1 Cup
Baking Powder-2 Tsp
Vannilla Essence-2 Tsp
Salt-1/4 Tsp
Oil-1/2 Cup
Eggs-2


Method:
1.Preheat the oven to 170/180C.
2.Sift the dry ingredients namely flour,baking powder and salt.

3.In a mixing bowl put mango puree and yogurt.Blend well in a high speed for few seconds.(I added chopped pieces with curd in the bowl and then blend it to make a puree.You can do either way.)
4.Add eggs and whisk for a couple of minutes till its frothy.Add vanilla essence and sugar to it.Blend at high speed till sugar is dissolved.
5.Add the dry ingredients and fold in smoothly with a wooden spatula.
6.When all the flour are mixed in add the oil and mix well.
7.Pour the batter in the loaf pan and bake it for 40-45mins.


Notes:
1.This cake can be bake in a 9 inch round cake pan too.
2.Temperature can be either 170 or 180C.The convection oven that i have has 180.For me it too exactly 37 mins.
3.always use egg at room temperature.
4.If possible sift the dry ingredients at least twice.
5.Always use fresh baking powder.

1 comment:

  1. never knew its so simple... the way u explain ur recipes... makes me think... I too can try my hands at cooking and baking...!!
    Keep rocking di! and yes.. The mango loaf cake looks really yummy.. I missed my share.. :P

    ReplyDelete