24/10/2012

Khova Gulab Jamun

Its been a long long time since I post the last recipe.My job and personal life kept me very busy all this while.That does not mean that I have not been cooking good and tasty food.Since today is Dusshera,its the best time for a come back.I have too many recipes in the draft mode and planning to post in coming weeks.Here is the recipe of Khova Gulab Jamoon.A must try recipe as it tastes yummmm..


Ingredients:
Khova-1 Cup
Maida-1/3 Cup
Salt-A pinch
Water-1/2 Cup or less for Kneading
Oil-For Frying

For Sugar Syrup:
Sugar-2 Cups
Water-1 Cup
Saffron/Kesar Food Colour-For colouring
Cardamom Powdered-out of 2/3

Method:
1.Take khova,maida,salt in a bowl and add suffient water to knead well.Sometimes water is not at all required if the Khova is moist and soft.



 2.Knead well and make a soft dough.It should not be sticky though.
3.Fry it in deep oil.I used 50% Ghee and 50% Refine oil.
 4.Soak it in sugar syrup for at least 3-4 hours and then serve.


No comments:

Post a Comment