09/12/2012

Milk Sponge cake

When I made this cake for the first time I and my husband just finished it on the same day with breakfast and evening chai.Then a week before I made this cake and did a chocolate ganache frosting and it was a hit among my colleagues.Then I decided to take up an informal baking class to two of my colleagues and she insisted on preparing this cake with butter cream frosting. I'm a big fan of Divya and her blog.So this recipe is dedicated to her.
Source:Here
Ingredients:
Plain Flour-1 Cup
Eggs-3 Nos
Sugar-1 Cup
Luke warm milk-1/2 Cup
Baking Powder-1 tsp
Salt-1/4 Tsp
Vanilla Essence-1 Tsp

Butter Cream frosting:
Unsalted Butter-1/2 Cup
Icing Sugar-1 cup
Vanilla Essence-1 tsp
Milk-1-2 tbsp(optional)
Dairy milk-1 packet(for chocolate curls)

Method:
1.Sift the flour,baking powder and salt through a sieve a couple of times.

2.Beat the three eggs till pale in color and frothy.Once done add sugar little by little till all of it dissolves.
3.Now switch to a wooden spatula/spoon.Add flour little a time and mix it in a one direction movement(clockwise).
4.Finally add the milk and the vanilla essence and give it a final stir till well coated.
5.Now transfer to a baking dish and bake it in a pre heated oven at 180c for 25-30mins or till a fork inserted in the middle comes out clean.
6.This is how the sponge cake will look like and believe me it will be ultra soft.
Method for frosting:
Mix butter,icing sugar till smooth in consistency.If required add milk and finally vanilla essence.Coat it well on top of the cake.Grate the diary milk bar to make curl out of it.

A slice of my milky sponge cake with butter cream frosting and chocolate curls.


Notes:
1.Always preheat the oven.
2.Sift the dry ingredients at least twice.
3.Once you start adding the flour do not use the whisker  or electric beater.

No comments:

Post a Comment