19/12/2012

Vegetable Fried Rice

Last Friday I was terribly suffering from back pain.I could hardly sit in the office and some how managed the day.While coming back home I picked half a kilo of chicken and thought of preparing stuffed parathas and chilly chicken gravy.But when I came back home I don't know what happened to me.I landed up making too many dishes dedicated to my husband.
By the time my husband came back from office he had Stir fry vegetables,Vegetable fried rice,Tawa chicken dry and Vegetable balls in hot garlic sauce lined up on the table.I have already posted Chinese Egg Fried Rice recipe.Hence i am not putting step wise pictures.



Also recently I bought a Chinese wok.So was excited to cook something in it.Im posting a picture of how a chinese wok look like:
Source:Google

Whats Needed:
Any Cooked Rice-1 Cup
Shredded Carrot-1/4 Cup
Shredded Beans-1/4 Cup
Shredded Cabbage-1/4 Cup
Shredded colored Capsicums-1/4 Cup
Soy sauce-1 Tbsp
Oyster sauce-1 tbsp(Optional)
Chilli Sauce-1 Tbsp
Vinegar-1 tsp
Crushed Garlic-1 Tbsp
Olive Oil-1 tbsp
Salt-As per taste
Pepper Powder-As per taste

How To:
1.Heat the wok on high.Once it is super hot add oil and add crushed garlic.saute for a minute.
2.Add all the shredded vegetables and sauces.do not over cook the veggies.Let it be crunchy.
3.Then add the rice and toss for a couple of minutes and finally add the salt and the pepper.
4.Garnish with spring onions.

Note:
1.Cook the rice 10-12 hours in advance.i cooked the rice in the morning and kept it open in the fridge.You can use one day old rice too.
2.Never add salt to the vegetables.the veggies start to leave water.Hence add it at the end.
3.There are so many sauces available.You can use Black bean sauce,fish sauce.Anything and everything will do.

Happy Cooking!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment